A November adventure awaits! The Raven 100k Challenge
Runners have started their Raven 100k Challenge — but there is plenty of time to register and join in before November 15th. Sign up by then and you can add your already-run November mileage to your entry.
What is the Raven 100k Challenge?
The Raven 100k Challenge is simple: first, register for the challenge.
Then run, hike, or walk 100k during the month of November 2020. This works out to an average of around 3k per day or 25k (15 miles) per week.
The Raven 100k Challenge, like the Raven Rocks Run, will support the Friends of Trailside Museum and Ward Pound Ridge Reservation, a 501(c)3 not for profit organization based at the Trailside Museum at Ward Pound Ridge Reservation.
Note: You can register as late as November 15 and enter your mileage to date when you register.
When you sign up, we will send you a Raven Challenge Gift. If you complete the challenge, you will receive a custom wooden finisher medallion. (prototype shown below with a few bonus badges included)
In addition to running, walking, or hiking 100k during November, there are several bonus achievement badges you can unlock if you are able:
– Run 10k on the Raven Rocks Run course (raven badge)
– Run 5x 10k on the Raven Rocks Run course (ultra raven badge)
– Run 10x 10k on the Raven Rocks Run course (full flock badge)
– Take a selfie at the Raven Rocks Overlook and send it in (photographer badge)
– Take a selfie at any Raven related site, store, zoo, etc. and send it in (traveler badge)
– Submit a photo of yourself on a run with your “I Voted” sticker (bald eagle badge) or if you can’t vote in the election, next to someone with an “I Voted” sticker.
– Submit a photo of you running on Thanksgiving (turkey award)
– Photo of a raven anywhere (citizen award)
– Do a run in the dark to Raven Rocks (night owl badge)
– 200k distance in November (snowy owl badge)
– 300k distance in November (white raven badge)
– Read a stanza from Edgar Allan Poe’s “The Raven” poem and send us a link. Use SoundCloud, YouTube, Facebook, or whatever audio service you want. (wise owl badge)
In addition, we will have awards for:
– First 3 men and First 3 women to 100k
– Top 3 men and Top 3 women in total kilometers.
Note: In order to win these awards, distance submissions need to be made via GPX files.
Halfway bonus search
For those in the area near Ward Pound Ridge Reservation we have a special treat in mind. After you pass the 50 kilometer mark on your Raven 100k Challenge, we will send you GPS coordinates to somewhere in the park where we have hidden a small surprise for you to find. The surprise gifts will be obvious once you get there, but not easy to find unless you have the coordinates. Let us know when you find your halfway bonus (or if you can’t find it!).
We hope you can join us virtually in November for the Raven 100k Challenge! It is possible you will see others running the course and at the Rez, possibly even on the original race day Sunday 11/8.
Please let us know any questions you have. email@example.com.
…. Rob Cummings
Raven Rocks Run and Raven 100k Challenge Race Director
PS: Anyone who registered for the Raven Rocks Run can choose from these four paths:
1. Run the Virtual Raven Rocks Run on Nov 5th-9th as outlined as an original option,
2. Refund, no questions asked,
3. Roll over registration to the 2021 Raven Rocks Run race (this is the default option!),
4. Convert registration to the November 2020 Raven 100k Challenge which includes a virtual 2020 Raven Rocks 10k course run option. Details below.
If you have already registered for the Raven Rocks Run, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your choice of virtual 10k, refund, rollover to next year, or conversion of your registration to the Raven 100k Challenge.
If we don’t hear from you by November 15 we will include you in the rollover to the 2021 Raven Rocks Run.
If you haven’t registered yet, it is our hope that many of you sign up for the virtual Raven 100k Challenge.