This November was perfect for running, walking, or hiking! So many possible days to get out and enjoy the outdoors – or stay inside and get a treadmill run in. There was Thanksgiving, Veteran’s Day, and Election Day. Plus this November had FIVE Sundays for going long.
Many of you took advantage and then some. Watching the challenge distances get higher and higher I got a bit of vertigo. Wow!
Some instructions for final steps for the challenge… reporting in your distances, your badges, and some other stuff:
- Please have your distances entered by December 4th. I have to get the distances to the company doing the custom laser cutting of the Raven 100k Challenge “woodallions” and in order to turn them around so I can get them out to you we have to have a cut off day!
- If you want your name to appear differently than it shows on your RunSignup results page, please let us know via the badge claim form at http://ravenrocks.org.
- If you are interested in the Wise Owl Badge, thanks to Joe’s suggestion we now have a way to pick your stanza and see if anyone else has picked it too. You have until December 5th to submit a video of you reading a stanza from The Raven poem by Edgar Allan Poe. Visit: www.PerfectPotluck.com/MPPZ7968 (password: 3352) and see what’s available to read. It’s not exactly what Perfect Potluck is designed to do, but it seems to work for our needs here. The words to The Raven poem are here: http://ravenrocksrun.org/the-raven-by-edgar-allan-poe/ (scroll down to bottom of that page for poem text).
- There are still GPS Challenge Sites available to find in the Rez. If you haven’t requested yours you can still get a location! We set up over 60 challenge items in the park and 18 of them are still out there waiting to be found. Any that are unassigned after the Challenge ends we will have a Raven Recovery Run in December to sweep the park of all traces of this event 🙂
- Visit the form here http://ravenrocksrun.org/raven-100k-challenge-badge-submission-form/ and submit your badge achievements — including the GPS challenge location request.
- If you have already submitted but have updates, it is OK to submit again with your new claims. You don’t need to resubmit previous claims but it doesn’t break anything if you do 🙂
- If you didn’t order a shirt when you signed up there are two more shirts available. You can place an order at https://runsignup.com/ravenrocks/store. A sample of the shirt is on the purchase page and it features the logo from the below this text on this page. Note the Raven 100k Challenge logo incorporates and remixes design elements from all five of the Raven Rocks Run race shirts from 2015-2019.
- If you haven’t joined the Friends of Trailside Museum and Ward Pound Ridge Reservation for the 2021 year you can still do that via the race page here: https://runsignup.com/ravenrocks/donate. The Friends group is a 501(c)3 organization that supports the museum and park in its educational, environmental, and historical endeavors.
Let me know if you have any questions…
See you on the trails!
…. Rob Cummings
Raven Rocks Run and Raven 100k Challenge Race Director